We are looking for a Technical Manager, After Sales, to be at the head of the support of our marine scrubber systems.
ME Production A/S is placed in Frederikshavn and develops, produces, sells and maintains SOx cleaning systems for vessels. Additionally, the company consists of a marine- and a wind gear department.
You will be working with our SOx cleaning systems (scrubbers). We do not expect you to have experience with scrubber systems. Therefore, in the beginning you will be attending a training program at the shipyards where the installations are being performed. Subsequently, you will travel along on a vessel for test and running-in of the system with the purpose of gaining further operational scrubber system knowledge.
Thus, in the beginning you must be prepared for some travelling in order to fully comprehend the scrubber system.
After the training program, you can expect app. 20 travel days per year. Place of employment will be Sandholm 55 in Frederikshavn.
Your background is Bachelor of Technology Management and Marine Engineering or Engineer with PLC/software skills or PLC/software skills achieved in another area.
You take on new tasks with great enthusiasm and though you are not familiar with the software used at ME Production, you are conversant with PLC/software in order to learn and familiarize yourself with new systems and platforms. ME Production will provide thorough training in our software.
You are a skilled communicator, who is able to keep a cool head under pressure.
- Maintain existing software with the possibility to leave your own mark.
- Provide direct PLC/software support to our customers.
- Provide PLC/software support to our travelling superintendents in connection with commissioning and service of scrubber systems.
- Create a common understanding of the appropriate PLC/software solution for all stakeholders – internal as well as external.
- Convey your PLC/software knowledge on all levels.
- In future, it will be possible to further develop existing remote support package to include IoT platform.
- Technical- and warranty responsible for the entire scrubber system. A large interface towards the customers as well as all suppliers is to be expected.
- Responsible for handling/maintaining the work processes to secure timely handling of all stakeholders.
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Experienced in commissioning or service of process- or marine systems.
- Knowledge of Piping & Instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), including construction and symbols for pipes, pumps, transmitters etc.
- Able to read, understand and work in accordance with technical manuals regarding installation of the various components in the system.
- Provide on-line support, troubleshooting and upgrades in PLC/software for the vessels in a confident manner.
- Fault finding in complex control panels with ultramodern hardware, security networks and communication between sometimes several control panels and the vessels own control panels.
- Test of system before shipping can occur at ME Production’s test center.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry is advantageous.
- Language skills: English as a minimum.
- A dynamic and exciting workplace with an informal tone, where no two days are the same.
- An exciting position with the possibility of influencing and developing your own position.
- A workplace with flexible working hours.
- Salary will be negotiated based on qualifications.
Send your application already today by email to Service Manager Kim Pedersen, email@example.com, as interviews are held continuously until the right candidate has been found.
Please do not hesitate to contact Kim Pedersen on mobile phone number +45 28 97 79 29 in case you require further information regarding the position or the hiring process.