Our Mekanord Marine gearbox range covers a power range from 150 KW to 6000 KW, and our equipment is suitable for a wide range of applications and is preferred, in for instance: Supply vessels, tugs, ferries, cargo vessels, yachts, etc.
Controllable Pitch Propulsion
The controllable pitch propulsion system can be designed for either mechanical or hydraulic operation of the propeller pitch. ME Production (Mekanord) gearboxes are designed speciﬁcally to optimize the operation of the propellers under all load conditions.
The propeller pitch is adjusted smoothly and fast from full ahead to full astern by the use of state-of-the-art gearbox technology.
Controllable Pitch Gearbox Features
- Integrated complete hydraulic servo system for pitch control which ensures easy installation, operation and maintenance
- Compact design
- High reduction ratios available allowing large diameter, slow rotating propellers with high efﬁciency. This provides the opportunity to optimise with respect to bollard pull and fuel consumption.
- Up to 3 PTO`s available per gearbox. Each fitted with independently operated hydraulic clutch.
- PTI for Hybrid operation
- Customized gear ratios and PTO/PTI design
- Mechanical or Hydraulic operation of propeller pitch
- Approvals according to latest rules from classiﬁcation societies
Advantages of Controllable Pitch
Controllable pitch propulsion systems offer a wide range of advantages. The most important are:
A CPP system ensures that the vessel will feature both maximum towing power and optimum speed. This is only possible using controllable pitch propulsion. It is always possible to achieve maximum engine efﬁciency regardless of the operation mode of the vessel. By adjusting the propeller pitch, the engine can operate at maximum power without overloading the system.
At lower than maximum vessel speed, fuel consumption can be considerably reduced by lowering the engine RPM while increasing the propeller pitch to maintain the required vessel speed. In this way overall efﬁciency of the propulsion system is optimized.
Download and see our capabilities
For a full view of our capabilities, please download our Marine Gearbox leaflets here.
Furthermore, you can download our selection guide in a English and a Chinese version.