U-type SOx scrubber - EGCS
The MEP U-type SOx scrubber is the ideal design choice for new buildings or retrofits with space in funnel to make exhaust system with bypass line. Where space is not limited the U-type scrubber system shares overall the same proven concept of the Inline scrubber design with packed bed ensures compliance and minimal wear.
It shares with our inline design the very simple design and have a minimize power consumption, pressure drop and general maintenance requirement. The marine MEP U-type SOx scrubber system enables a lower installation height, placed in level of economizer or exhaust boiler
The trademark design of MEP U-type is a very flexible range of which fit all types and sizes of vessels in Open Loop, Closed Loop or Hybrid specification. All MEP scrubbers are manufactured in accordance with ISO standards and IMO MEPC259(68) regulation.
On request we offer customized scrubbers according to the customer’s requirements to ensure the best solution, and both the U-type and the Inline system can easily accommodate the combustion units of the individual vessel.
- Bypass needed
- Exhaust inlet: SMO254
- Scrubber body: Super Duplex / Duplex
- Online access control to emission data and troubleshooting
- Fully assembled and wired from our production
- (exhaust inlet sub delivered)
- Project support – strong committed MEP project manager throughout the project
- Design and yard support
- Implementation of best practice solution and shortest docking possible
- Service support
- 24/7 availability